I decided to house my voice assistant in this cool antique bakelite radio that I found at an estate sale. (The radio was in pieces and non-working, so it was a perfect candidate for my project.) I also upgraded the Raspberry Pi Zero W to a Pi 3 B+ which runs my code a bit better without getting too hot.
After removing the radio’s internals and giving the case a thorough cleaning, I mounted the components to an aluminum board using standoffs and then mounted the board in the radio with more standoffs. I think the end result looks great on my desk, and you can still see the LEDs through the original cloth speaker cover.